Recording and sharing a video message to deliver content and updates has many benefits. When is it best to share an asynchronous video instead of hosting a meeting?
Asynchronous video simply means that people will watch the video at a different time than it was made and they can be a great alternative to hosting a meeting or typing an email in a number of situations. On top of that, our devices and various applications make it easier than ever to record, edit and share video.
Consider the following examples of when it might be best to share video message instead of hosting a meeting:
- Participants are in different time zones and it is difficult to find a time that works for everyone to meet in real-time.
- Participants have challenging or conflicting schedules and may not be able to commit to a common time for a meeting.
- The topic of discussion is not time-sensitive and does not require immediate feedback or discussion.
- The purpose of the communication is to provide information or instructions that can be watched at the viewer’s convenience.
- Your message is too complicated, lengthy or personal to deliver in a brief, written communication.
- The topic is potentially controversial or needs to be delivered without interruption or new questions obfuscating the message.
- You’re busy or on the go and you don’t have time to call a meeting or send an email on the topic.
If you do not require discussion or real time input to the message that you are delivering, a video message may be the perfect solution. You may save time for you and your team and improve communication among participants without demanding their presence in a meeting or sending a lengthy email that may be overlooked.
At EventSpace, we love asynchronous video messages. They help us to show our team members that we value their time while we work hard to keep them informed and involved in relevant topics. That’s why we’ve made it easy to set up a Space in which you can share a video, take comments and hold discussions in a safe and secure manner in just minutes.